FAVORITE BOOK TO MOVIE ADAPTATIONS
- The Wizard of Oz. This has been my favorite movie since I was a child. I know it is not exactly like the book. Later, when I read the book I was upset they didn’t have the Good Witch of the South, but I got over it.
- The Chronicles of Narnia. I could watch these movies forever! I can’t believe that they didn’t make enough money to continue filming.
- The Hunger Games. This is probably one of the best adaptations I’ve ever seen because I felt they stuck to the book as much as the time limit allowed. (And they also refused to make it in 3D.)
- Bridge to Terabithia. Although they did leave out some details in the book, this movie makes me harder than anything every time. Even if I just watch that last scene from the movie I start bawling like a baby. Honestly it made me cry more than I did while reading the book.
- The Thief Lord. I know a lot of people hated it because it was very different from the book, but it is one of the most enjoyable movies of all time, for me. I can watch it over and over and never get tired.
- Inkheart. The first time I watched it, I was really upset and I never watched it again until a few days ago. I forgot what happens in the book, and watching it while only having a vague idea of what happens was like experiencing it in a different light. I appreciated it more this time. I loved the cast so much–especially Brendan Fraser’s acting.